Essa informação não está disponível em português, sendo exibida em inglês.
Dear sales representative,
We are pleased to provide a further means of facilitating your daily work:
From now on your personal expenses for sales-route planning will be reduced considerably and in the future you will spend less time in the car while visiting more customers.
With portatour® you have a mobile real-time sales-route planner that will revolutionize your current sales-route planning. portatour® is:
portatour® automatically creates a sales-route proposal within seconds. One push of a button is enough to receive an optimized schedule for the next days, including exact times.
Besides customer data (address, business hours, call urgency), portatour® considers in the sales-route calculation the configured departure and overnight stay location, appointments in your calendar, and the working time available for client visits.
For the first time, you can react to changes in the schedule. Whether you have an urgent appointment or have to cancel a scheduled customer call, portatour® adopts the changed requirements and turns them into a newly optimized schedule within seconds.
portatour® runs on your smartphone. You will always have key customer information at hand: addresses, street maps, business hours and selected call data.
To create an optimized sales-route portatour® uses the following input:
- Customer data that you have stored in Salesforce. Each customer is different: business hours, call frequency and the estimated call duration will be considered individually by portatour®.
- Appointments entered into the Salesforce calendar : fixed customer appointments, business appointments, personal errands during the day and important phone calls.
- You decide how to work: When does your working day start? Where do you start? When do you take breaks? How long do you work? Do you consider an overnight stay on the way and where are your favorite hotels?
- Using digital maps at house number detail, which are updated regularly, portatour® calculates a distance matrix containing the fastest routes between all customers.
At the push of a button and within a few seconds portatour® calculates an optimized route for up to 4 weeks in advance, from millions of possible solutions, using an intelligent algorithm. portatour® takes care of automatically selecting customers that are to be visited according to their call interval, while optimizing the route at the same time. Appointments from your calendar and customers that you definitely want to visit are of highest priority in this selection.
The sales-route plan presents all customers to be visited with exact time slots and the driving route for each day. You may personalize this schedule by excluding proposed calls or adding additional appointments. Let portatour® optimize your updated schedule.
Start your tour! After each customer call, you log the call at the push of a button and enter an optional call report.
You know best: No matter how good a tour is planned, unforeseen changes happen during the day: Waiting time on site, contacts that are not present or do not have time, urgent appointments that have to be squeezed in, and last but not least traffic incidents that disrupt original schedules. From now on you react by pushing a button and portatour® updates your schedule starting from the current location for the remaining workday.
This manual explains step by step how to set up and effectively use portatour® in the daily routine of your field sales work. It is particularly important to us that you have more time for customer service by using portatour®. Therefore, we would like to give you some recommendations in advance.
You profit from portatour® most when the quality of the data used for calculating your sales-route plan is correct. Our recommendation is:
- Make sure that the data of your customers is complete and current.
- Keep your electronic schedule up to date.
You get your well invested time for setting up portatour® back every day due to automatic, optimized sales-route scheduling.
Your Salesforce customers are the basis of portatour® sales-route scheduling. As part of the initial configuration, you enhance your customer data with call-related settings such as call interval, call duration and business hours.
As field sales force you know your customers best and recognize individual support requirements. Therefore check and update customer data by taking into account following points:
- The more accurate customer addresses are, the more accurate the schedule.
- Use the option to define business hours also when a customer is open throughout but has a time slot reserved for sales rep visits.
- portatour® calculates the call urgency based on the call interval set and the last call. Only in very rare cases it is advisable to visit all customers at the same interval. Therefore, you can see portatour® as an opportunity to examine the current customer classification for plausibility or create a new classification with individual call intervals suited for each customer category.
- Enter the estimated call duration for your customers. Review how this influences schedules in everyday life and adjust the values as needed.
In the future use the Salesforce calendar for dates outside the call activity such as:
- Business appointments (meetings in the office, pick up advertising material from the warehouse, ...)
- Errands during the day (doctor visits, ...)
- Meeting after work
You will be pleasantly surprised how much driving time the consistent and complete use of your calendar will save you in the future.
We are confident that this user manual will provide you with good orientation and training for portatour®. If you have any questions, please contact your Salesforce Administrator. If you have further suggestions, please send them to the portatour® Team at email@example.com.
We wish that portatour® does not only simplify your work as a daily companion, but also increases your turnover through more effective customer service.
Your portatour® team, represented by