Dear field representative,
We are pleased to provide a further means of facilitating your daily work:
From now on your personal effort for sales-route planning will be reduced considerably and in the future you will spend less time in the car while visiting more customers.
With portatour® you have a mobile real-time sales-route planner that will revolutionize your current sales-route planning. portatour® is:
portatour® automatically creates a sales-route proposal within seconds. One push of a button is enough to receive an optimized schedule for the upcoming days, including exact times.
Besides customer data (address, business hours, call urgency), portatour® considers the configured departure and overnight stay location, appointments in your calendar, and the working time available for customer calls in the sales-route calculation.
For the first time, you can immediately react to changes in the schedule. Whether you have an urgent appointment or have to cancel a scheduled customer call, portatour® integrates the changed requirements and turns them into a newly optimized schedule within seconds.
portatour® also runs on your smartphone or tablet. You will always have key customer information at hand: addresses, street maps, business hours and selected call data.
Before you start
This manual explains step by step how to set up and effectively use portatour® in the daily routine of your field sales work. It is particularly important to us that you have more time for customer service by using portatour®. Therefore, we would like to give you some recommendations in advance.
You profit from portatour® most when the quality of the data used for calculating your sales-route plan is correct. Our recommendation is:
- Make sure that the data of your customers is complete and current.
- Keep your electronic schedule up to date.
You get your well invested time for setting up portatour® back every day due to automatic, optimized sales-route scheduling.
You import your customer data, which will be the basis for sales-route planning.
As field sales force you know your customers best and are aware of their individual support requirements. Therefore, check and update customer data by taking into account following points:
- The more accurate customer addresses are, the more accurate the schedule.
- Use the option to define business hours also when a customer is open throughout but has a time slot reserved for sales rep visits.
- portatour® calculates the call urgency based on the call interval set and the last call. Only in very rare cases it is advisable to visit all customers at the same interval. Therefore, you can see portatour® as an opportunity to examine the current customer classification for plausibility or create a new classification with individual call intervals suited for each customer category.
- Enter the estimated call duration for your customers. Review how this influences schedules in everyday life and adjust the values as needed.
In the future, use the portatour® calendar for dates outside the call activity, such as:
- Business appointments (meetings in the office, pick up advertising material from the warehouse, ...)
- Errands during the day (doctor visits, ...)
- Longer lasting telephone calls (conference call, ...)
- Meetings after work or a planned overnight stay on the way (hotel, ...)
You will be pleasantly surprised how much driving time the consistent and complete use of your calendar will save you in the future.
We are confident that this user manual will provide you with a good orientation and training for portatour®. If you have further questions or suggestions, please send them to the portatour® Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish that portatour® does not only simplify your work as a daily companion, but also increases your turnover through more effective customer service.
Your portatour® team