To enable synchronization between Dynamics 365 and portatour® Anywhere for users of your Dynamics 365 organization, create a portatour® user for the respective users. This user will then be included in the periodic synchronization. In addition, in Dynamics 365, a user interface is available for the users in Route planning > portatour® Anywhere , where they can initiate a manual data synchronization or manage their access to portatour® Anywhere (see portatour® Anywhere).
Go to Administration > Overview and click on portatour® Users. to show a list of portatour® users. After the first import of the portatour® + Dynamics solution, this list is empty.
Create new portatour® user
- Under Administration > Overview > portatour® Users click on New to add a new user. A form for the new portatour® user is displayed.
- In the General tab, click on the magnifying glass in the License section to select the portatour® license for which the user should be activated.
- In Select the user who should get access to portatour®, click on the magnifying glass to select the Dynamics 365 user you want to activate for portatour®. After selecting, the address of the user, if available, is reused as the home address in portatour®. The home address can be changed, see item 6.
- Under Has own schedule, specify whether the portatour® user manages their own territory, i.e. requires their own schedule and therefore a license, or not (see also Show user list).
- Adjust the Authorization level if necessary (see also Show user list).
- Switch to the Home Address tab. Enter the address from which the user usually starts and ends their day tour. Entering a country is required.
- Click on Save at the top to save the new portatour® user.
- Optional: Open the Inform User tab to inform the user via email that portatour® is now available, and to send instructions explaining the first steps for using portatour®. Click on Create and Open Email. An email is created and displayed for optional editing. The email is not sent automatically.
- Optional: If you would like to enter synchronization settings that differ from the default for one or more entities of this user (see Synchronization settings), enter these in the Deviating Synchronization Settings tab.
- Save & Close the user.
Activate users for portatour® Anywhere
Activate one or multiple user(s) for portatour® Anywhere so that it is immediately ready for your field reps:
- Under Administration > Overview > portatour® Users, on the left, tick the user(s) you want to activate.
- At the top, click Activate for portatour® Anywhere.