Cette entrée n'est pas disponible en français. Par conséquent, le texte anglais est affiché.
portatour® Custom Properties are additional properties that are displayed in portatour® Anywhere in addition to the standard properties and that can be customized.
Individual properties are summarized into groups in portatour® Anywhere.
In Dynamics CRM, navigate to Settings and then select portatour® - Administration. Follow the link portatour® custom properties.
A list is displayed with groups for portatour® custom properties. Initially this list is empty.
Create a new group by selecting New.
A form for the new group is displayed.
The label of the group is displayed in portatour® and has to be unique within the selected entity. As there is usually a lack of space on mobile devices, choose labels that are as short as possible for group names, such as 'Contact details'.
Select the Entity that should be extended with the new group. The choices are:
- Customer (Account): these are portatour® customers that correspond to accounts in Dynamics CRM.
- Customer (Contact): these are portatour® customers that correspond to Contacts in Dynamics CRM.
- Customer (Lead): these are portatour® customers that correspond to Leads in Dynamics CRM.
- Appointment: these are portatour® appointments, corresponding to appointmetns in Dynamics CRM.
- Report: these are portatour® call reports and reports about missed calls. They correspond to Tasks in Dynamics CRM.
The Sort Order determines the order in which groups are displayed in portatour® Anywhere. A group with a smaller value is displayed before a group with a larger value.
Save the group, without closing it.
On the lower section of the form, a list of portatour® Custom Properties for this group is displayed. This list is initially empty. Add a new field by clicking on the list and selecting Records - New portatour® Custom Property (in Dynamics CRM 2013 by clicking the '+'.button above the list).
A form for the new field is displayed.
Under Field name there is a selection of fields for the specified Dynamics CRM entity, whose data type is supported by portatour®. Some fields cannot be added because of their type (e.g. Associative fields). These fields are not listed in the selection box.
Under Data type you can see the portatour® data type that corresponds to the field. For some fields there are multiple data types avaliable. The data type determines how input and output is handled in portatour® Anywhere.
Under Mode, you can specify whether the field in portatour® Anywhere
- is write-protected (Read Only),
- is writable (Writable),
- is displayed in the window for a new record entry (Writable & Show on Create-Form),
- is mandatory (Writable & Show on Create-Form & Required)
Some fields cannot be marked as writable. Possible reasons for this are:Possible reasons for this are:
- The field is read-only in Dynamics CRM, e.g. creation date.
- Because of the data type, the field cannot be edited in portatour® Anywhere.
The order in which the fields are displayed in portatour® Anywhere is determined by the sort order. A field with a smaller value is displayed before a field with a larger value.