Click Options and Custom fields to adjust portatour® even better to your individual business processes.
You can create custom fields for customers, appointments and reports. To do so, select the respective option in the menu to go to the desired input mask:
You can subdivide the custom fields into several groups, if you like. For example one group for general contact data, another group for contact persons, and yet another one for key figures.
Click New field to create a new field in the desired group.
Enter a short and meaningful field name.
Go to Data type to select which form of data are permitted in the entry field:
- Text: Single-line input field for free text. Maximum of 1,000 characters.
- Multi-line text: Multi-line input field for free text. Maximum of 1,000 characters.
- Integer: Numbers without decimals.
- Number: Number with decimals (e.g. for money amounts).
- Date: Date input, e.g. 03.04.2020.
- Time: Time input, e.g. 08:25.
- Date & Time: Date input including time, e.g. 03.04.2015 08:25.
- Yes/No: Yes/No selection box.
- Phone number: Single-line input field for telephone number. When displayed, you can click the phone number to start the dialing process on your device (e.g. smartphone).
- Email: Single-line input field for email address. A syntax check is carried out during input. When displayed, you can click the address to start the email editor on your device.
- Link: Single-line input field for internet address (URL). When displayed, you can click the link to start the internet browser on your device. See section Link.
- Selection: Multi-line selection field where one element can be selected. See section Selection and multi-selection.
- Multi selection: Multi-line selection field where several elements can be selected. See section Selection and multi-selection.
- External file: Upload of one file. See section External files.
- External files : Upload multiple files. See the section External files.
In the selection box Mode you define if the field can be edited.
- Read only: The field is only displayed and cannot be edited in the screen mask. The field can only be filled/edited/deleted via an import (see section Import customers).
- Writable: The field is displayed and can either be edited via the screen mask or an import.
- Writable create form: The field is displayed in the creation form for customers (or appointments, reports). This is recommended for important fields that need to be filled in immediately.
- Writable, create form, mandatory: The field is a mandatory field in the creation form, i.e. the new customer (or appointment, report) cannot be saved without filling in this field.
Custom fields for customers can be displayed with the customer name in brackets by setting the option Show in customer name to Yes. This display possibility applies, amongst others, to the customer lists (incl. search possibility), the schedule and the portatour® report. Use this possibility for important fields that you want to see everywhere, e.g. customer number or ABC rating. Display example: 'Example company (21300, A)'.
The Description is optional. This text is displayed in the import assistant (see section Field assignment) when you click the (i) symbol next to the field name.
Save your input by clicking the checkmark button next to the field name.
Discard your input by clicking the X button next to the field name.
Use the Arrow up/down buttons to change the order of the fields. This is also possible beyond groups.
Use the recycle bin symbol to delete fields or groups. Please note that all the data of deleted fields will also be deleted once you have saved.
- You can create up to 100 custom fields. We recommend to restrict the use of custom fields only to important fields in order not to limit clarity and usability.
- Once you have created your custom fields you can fill them through an import (see section Import customers). These fields are automatically available for field mapping in the import assistant.
- The field names must differ, even beyond groups. This is important for the import/export.
- Custom fields automatically apply to all users if your portatour® account is a company access with several users.
- Changes of custom fields automatically trigger the creation of a restore point. You can reset to this restore point if fields have been deleted erroneously.
Please refer to the following sections for a more detailed description of special data types.