Periodic appointments on predetermined days can be created as recurring appointments. When creating an appointment, you will find the drop-down menu Recurring, where you can define the appointment to be recurring and select the recurrence rules.
The following scenarios are ideal for using recurring appointments:
- Weekly or monthly appointments, e.g. meetings for field reps in the company headquarters or telephone conferences.
- Customers who need to be visited regularly (e.g. every other week) on a particular weekday.
- Public holidays that recur on the same dates every year.
The end date of a recurring appointment is optional, i.e. if you do not enter an Until-date, the recurring appointment will be repeated until you delete it. For technical reasons, recurring appointments are displayed in the calendar only for the following 12 months. However, you need not take care of their prolongation, they are extended automatically.
If you want to edit a whole series of recurring appointments, click Calendar and select the appointment you want to edit. Select Open appointment. Then click the Edit icon and select if you want to edit the Appointment or the Whole series.
Follow the below steps in order to edit individual appointments or the whole series:
- Go to the calendar and click the appointment that shall be deleted from the series, then select the Delete appointment option.
- In the calendar click the appointment list . Open the appointment to be deleted, then select Delete appointment. portatour® now opens a menu with the following options:
- This occurrence: The appointment is deleted from the series, all other appointments of the series remain unchanged.
- Whole series: The entire series will be deleted.