The calculation of an optimized schedule for several days with a large number of customers is mathematically a very complex operation, during which billions of possibilities have to be considered. Even high-performance computers are not able to perform this task in foreseeable time, which means that optimized approximation methods have to be used. Through this, portatour® is able to quickly find several very good schedules which are close to the optimum. Since there are several very good schedules, it cannot be guaranteed that the same is found and returned every time.
Questions about scheduling
- Does portatour® take ferries into account? How can I schedule them?
- How can I schedule flights?
- How can I set a shorter call interval than 7 days for a customer?
- Why is a customer with 30 day interval already scheduled after 25 or only after 35 days?
- Why has my working time been extended or my work break been cancelled?
- Why are my working hours not used to the full extent at the end of the day?
- Why does the schedule not begin now but in a few minutes, although I have set the start time to 'Now'?
- Why is a call scheduled outside the customer's business hours?
- Why does the travel time in the schedule not always correspond to reality?
- Why do I get different schedules if I click the update button twice in a row, without changing anything?