As an alternative to manually creating individual customer records (see Create customers) portatour® enables you to mass-import customer data from Excel-, OpenOffice- and text documents.
Start customer import
There are two ways to start the customer import:
- Click Customers > More > Import
- or go to Options > Import data > Customers
Notes on the import
- If you still have demo data saved in portatour® you will be asked to Remove demo data. Click Factory reset to continue the import (see Remove demo data).
- If you have not set your home location in portatour® yet, you will now be prompted to do so (see Home location).
- The import is done step by step. With Continue to or Back at the bottom you can jump to the next or previous step. Your input will be preserved.
- To cancel the import, either close the browser window or click on a different item in the main menu.
- If you stop your activity in the browser for a few minutes during the importing process, then portatour® automatically aborts the import.
- A restore point will be created before starting the import process. In case the import process does not lead to the desired result – e.g. due to a faulty field mapping– you reset to this restore point (see Restore).
|Continue to Choose import mode|