portatour® schedules the current and six further calendar days by default, taking into account the home location provided as start and end point of your sales-route. The subsequent parameters can be altered individually on the Scheduling parameters page.
You can save the modified scheduling parameters by clicking Save or you can discard them by clicking Cancel.
If your schedule should not be calculated from your home location because of an overnight stay on the way or because you are already on your way, you have the following options to enter a different starting location:
- Automatic: In case you update your schedule during the day, portatour® automatically recognizes if the schedule should start at your home location or at the address of the last customer you visited.
- Manual: Use this setting if you want to start your schedule from a different location than the last customer address. When clicking Update schedule, you will be prompted to enter the address of the starting location:
Enter the desired departure address in the form, then Geocode and Save it. Optionally, set the position manually on the map (see section Set geo-location manually). The manually entered address will remain the starting location until you select another option (e.g. Automatic ) or log a customer call.
- GPS location: Use this option if you want to start your schedule from a different location than your home location or the last customer address, e.g. because you had your lunch break in a restaurant. The precondition for GPS tracking is a GPS receiver on your device. When you first use the GPS location with portatour®, the browser will ask you if portatour® may track your current location with the device. Confirm this question with Yes. If you answer this question with No, GPS will not work in portatour® until you undo the block for portatour® in your browser settings. The location tracking may last several seconds, depending on your device and the GPS reception quality. You will see an animation with the progress message. Once the tracking has been successful, your location and the respective address will be shown on the map:
Correct the position by clicking the map. Change to Manual for entering the address manually. Save will apply the position found and start the schedule calculation. The selection of the starting location will remain set to GPS location until you change it or enter a call report. Then it will be changed back to Automatic.
By default, the schedule is calculated from the point in time when you click Update schedule. The selection box shows Now. Outside of defined working hours, portatour® uses the beginning of your next working day as start time. The start time can be postponed in 15-minute intervals if, for example, you carry out the calculation during your lunch break or in the course of a customer call preparation, and can therefore not leave immediately. Similarly, you can select one of the 90 upcoming days as start time. In this case the beginning of your work day as set in the options will be used as start time (see section Working hours).
portatour® schedules 1 week by default and only includes days with registered business hours (see section Working hours). 1 week is the recommended setting because each day of the week is scheduled exactly once.
A reduction of the scheduling period to between 1 day and 6 days limits the possibilities for portatour® to optimally schedule customer calls accordingly. Use this option if you want to call manually included customers as soon as possible.
Extending the scheduling period to anything between 2 and 4 weeks is possible.
Generally you can say:
- The longer the scheduling period, the more complex and thus longer the calculation. 4-week schedules for many possible customers may take more than one minute of calculation time. Only use scheduling periods beyond 1 week if the customer calls in the following week(s) are actually of interest to you.
- In case overnight stays on the way have been allowed, portatour® can automatically prolong the planning period to ensure that the schedule will definitely end at the home location. This increases the quality of the calculated schedules. You will be notified about this possibility when setting the planning period. If the planning period is set to less than 1 week, i.e. 1 to 6 days, there will be no automatic prolongation.
For the planning mode you can choose between Complete or Reservations & appointments only. In the Complete mode, the schedule combines both appointments and customers with reservations with additional customers. In the Reservations & appointments only mode the schedule only includes customers with reservations and appointments.
Here, you can set whether your work break should be Scheduled today or whether you Already had a work break today. The settings of the portatour® options (see section Work break settings) will be used to schedule breaks. If breaks are generally disabled, then this selection box will not be displayed.