The Extended Search enables more advanced settings for searching and sorting.
In the main menu item Customers, click the Extended button in the search bar.
In the Custom Filter you specify which keywords (right input box) to look for in which data field (left drop-down menu), while the input box in the middle indicates how the keyword should be matched:
- contains all: The data field of the searched customers has to contain your keyword
- does not contain: The data field of the searched customers must not contain your keyword
- starts with: The data field of the searched customers has to begin with your keyword
- equals: The data field of the searched customers has to exactly match your keyword
- less than: The data field of the searched customers has to be less than the search value (useful for date and number fields)
- greater than: The data field of the searched customers must be greater than the search value (useful for date and number fields)
- is empty: The data field of the searched customers must be empty
- is not empty: The data field of the searched customers must not be empty
The search function is not case sensitive.
Click the '+' button to add a custom filter and the '–' button to remove the respective custom filter.
Predefined Filters are used to search for data fields that contain predefined values and no texts. The default value of a predefined filter's selection box is any and means that no filter is applied to the corresponding data field. Change the value of the selection box for those data fields you want to look for.
All custom and predefined filters are used for the search.
In the Sort section you specify which data field to sort by, either ascending or descending.
Start the search by clicking Apply. The advanced search window will be closed and the customers that match your criteria will be displayed in the customer list. If an extended search is currently active, this will be easily recognizable by the yellow color of the respective button. To narrow down the search result even further, perform an additional quick search (click the magnifying glass symbol for that). Click the button with the X symbol to the right to end the search and display the entire customer list.
- You are looking for customers with first-name 'Max':
- Name, contains, Max (custom filter)
- You are looking for customers in the ZIP code area 14xxx:
- ZIP, starts with, 14 (custom filter)
- You are looking for customers in Portland who are due or overdue:
- City, starts with, Portland (custom filter)
- Urgency, due or overdue (predefined filter)
Click the Edit all X button at the bottom of the page to edit all returned customers in one step. More information on mass editing can be found in Selection mode and mass editing.
When exporting the customer list, the restriction to the current filtering is also possible (see Export customers).