Below customer lists you will find two features that enable you to mass edit customers in a single step: Enable selection and Edit all X.
By clicking Enable Selection, a check mark appears next to each customer where you can select and deselect the customer by checking or unchecking the box:
To select all customers on the list at once, click Select All. Similarly, Clear Selection removes all existing selections. Disable Selection removes all selections and exits the selection mode.
Select Edit Selected to edit the selected customers. You get to following page:
Edit all X
The Edit all X feature leads you directly to the mass editing mode. The prerequisite is that you have previously used the extended search and exactly filtered those customers whom you actually want to edit (see Extended customer search).
You reach the following page by clicking Edit selected or Edit all X:
You will find the number of selected customers in the row below the navigation bar. Clicking Show and filter will show the list of the selected customers and allow further filtering.
For selected customers mass editing allows…
- the addition or removal of a reservation for schedule calculation (see also Reservations)
- the editing of planning parameters and vacation (analogous to Edit scheduling parameters)
- the editing of business hours (analogous to Business hours)
- the modification of the last call and the activation date (analogous to Edit last call and Edit activation date)
the editing of the call note (analogous to Edit next call)
- the entry of a call block (analogous to Call blocks)
- the deletion of all call blocks (analogous to Call blocks)
- the change of the symbol (analogous to Edit symbol)
- the editing of further fields in the Information section on the customer detail page (see also Edit additional information)
- the transfer of data between users (see Transfer customer; only possible for multi-user-accounts)
- the deletion of External IDs.
- the deletion of customers (see Delete customer).
Click the desired menu item.
Filtering using an external list
To filter customers using an external list and then edit them - e.g. to include them in the schedule for a campaign by the means of reservations - proceed as follows:
- Go to Customers.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Edit all X.
- Click the link Filter using external list. The following window opens:
- In the input box 'Field', select the customer data that the list contains. Usually, it is either 'Customer #', 'External ID' or 'Name'.
- By using the clipboard, select and copy the list; either a column in Excel or the values from an email. Paste it into the Values-field.
- Click Filter. If suitable customers are found, the selected customers will automatically be reduced to these customers. Take a controlling look at the number of customers.
- Then click on the function relevant to you, e.g. Include all in schedule, and update the schedule.